Even the A-listers love Monk Fruit
It’s no secret that Monk Fruit is an awesome Sugar alternative, so it comes as no surprise to us that even Celebs such as Shameless star, Emmy Rossum and reality star, Kourtney Kardashian, are huge fans of adding this super wonderful ingredient to their sugar-free recipes.
A little while ago Emmy shared with her Instagram followers her tasty looking Banana Pumpkin Loaf bars in which she wrote: “cut into bite-sized pieces for snacks or larger bars for breakfast or husbands,” we’re not so sure we’d be able to share though as the recipe sounds incredible (don’t worry we will share the recipe with you below 😉 ). Better still, if you’re following a paleo style lifestyle or are gluten-free, these little babies are both paleo and gluten-free friendly.
Recently, Kourtney Kardashian, the eldest of the Kardashian clan also shared her secret to sweeten her Keto Cheesecake recipe. With the help of her friend and chef, Sara Motamedi they have teamed together to create the most amazing looking Sugar-free desserts (btw we’re drooling too).
Sara wrote: “This low-carb heavenly treat is a true crowd-pleaser that Kourt swears by.” Amen to that, Sara goes onto say, “We’re sharing the recipe to a summer Keto staple that will have your mouth watering, keto or not.” We certainly like the sound of that too. If you would like to recreate Kourtney’s Keto friendly cheesecake sweetened with Monk Fruit sweetener, you can find the recipe on her website Poosh here.
Emmy’s Recipe for her Banana Pumpkin Loaf bars
What you will need…
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 scoops of collagen peptides
- 1 tsp of vanilla, extract
- 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts or pecans
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda,
- 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- pinch of monk fruit
How to create…
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl until they’re like a puree.
- In a separate bowl, combine all your dry ingredients. Pour the banana mash into the dry mix, The actress says: “It will look wet and soupy. You’ll be like, huh? But trust.”
- Finally, spray a foil-lined baking dish with olive oil or your preferred anti-stick agent. Pour the mixture into the pan. Pop tinto the oven and cook for about 35 minutes, voila!