|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Serves||Allergy Info|
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a large casserole. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in the garlic, spices, ginger and golden lo han guo. Add salt and pepper, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, cook the chicken until golden brown. Once cooked take off the heat.
- Back to the sauce… Stir in the diluted cornflour and ground almonds. Add the chicken and the second can of coconut milk. Bring to the boil, and then reduce heat to a low and leave to simmer for 45minutes to one hour.
- Serve the curry with the rice and garnish with the fresh coriander or parsley.
- 1 ½ tbsp ghee
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5cm (2in) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp garam masala (mild curry powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp golden lo han guo
- 2 x 400g (14oz) can coconut milk
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornflour (constarch) diluted in 1 tbsp cold water
- 800g Chicken (cubed)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
- 450g Wholegrain basmati rice