Rhubarb, Raspberry, Dark Choc Bread & Butter Pudding Cake
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Serves||Allergy Info|
|10 mins||1hr 15mins||10-12 Slices||Contains Gluten, Contains Nuts, Contains Dairy|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°, line baking tray and cake tin with baking parchment.
- Cut Rhubarb into 2cm segments and put into oven proof dish. Add the Lo Han Guo, Vanilla Essence and Orange Zest. Give it all a good mix then pop into the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add the eggs, cream, whole milk, vanilla essence and Golden Lo Han Guo. Whisk together.
- Take the Rhubarb out of the oven after 15 minutes or once tender and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the raspberries, dark chocolate, flaked almonds and the cooked Rhubarb. Mix all together.
- Layer the cake tin with brioche, then add a layer of the Rhubarb Mixture, then another layer of Brioche and finally another layer of the Rhubarb.
- Gradually pour the Buttery Liquid Mixture over the cake, let the liquid soak in before adding more.
- Pop in the oven to bake for about 75 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool before serving with either a little cream or custard.
- 4-5 stems rhubarb
- 1/8 Teaspoon Lo Han Guo
- finely granted zest of ½ orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp Golden Lo Han Guo
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Essence
- 180g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup flaked almonds
- 2½ cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 900g Brioche
- Vanilla Custard, to serve (recipe below)